Medicare: Separating fact from fiction
- Guaranteed Benefits for seniors will not be cut. Medicare will see significant savings as future spending is reduced over ten years.
- Millions of Medicare recipients receive free preventive services like cancer screenings and annual wellness visits.
- Prescription drugs get more affordable for seniors in the coverage gap and the “doughnut hole” will fully close by 2020,saving them hundreds to thousands of dollars.
- Medicare will remain solvent for an additional eight years.
- Medicare will be turned into a voucher program, which can increase a typical 65-year-old’s out-of-pocket costs by up to $6,350.
- Obamacare would be repealed, eliminating free preventive services for seniors.
- The “doughnut hole” coverage gap would remain, forcing seniors to pay thousands for their prescription drugs.
- Medicare would be bankrupt in 2016.